Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Traffic Jam Can be Sweet

Here's a scenario:

You commute to work everyday. Whether you drive or take public transportation, seldom do you get to your workplace without being caught in some sort of traffic jam along the way. While you're in the midst of it, what do you normally do?

I live about 40 kilometers away from work, which on a good day takes me 20 -35 minutes to drive. On average, it takes me an hour to an hour and a half factoring in traffic and all. I used to get uptight about being caught in such a mess, but over the years I have learned that I ultimately have two choices: allow the situation to make me the person I ought to be or the opposite. I now use such situations for prayer, communing with God, and singing praise and worship songs. "Making melody in your heart..." is way better than cursing, pounding your dashboard in frustration or nailbiting.

No comments: