Thursday, June 03, 2010

THANK YOU, CANADA!

Exactly 20 years ago today, I set foot on Canadian soil as an immigrant hopeful of a better life. Trite as it may sound, but it seems only yesterday when that happened. That’s how fast time flies for me. Originating from a third world country where time seemed to stand still and melt in heat and humidity, Canadian Life is many times fast-paced in comparison.

Twenty years, eh? So, has life been better for me and my family? Well YES, in countless ways. Professionally, it has been fulfilling. As a CPA back in my country of origin, transitioning into my present field of occupation has been smooth albeit challenging. Spiritually, my involvement has been broader and more faith-building. We are grateful to belong to a church family that fosters growth, sense of community, and above all love for God. Family life has been rewarding in terms of our being together, unlike before when my spouse was occupationally based thousands of miles away. The "Canadian Dream" is still a mirage in the horizon but hope is high and fortitude solid that it will become a reality someday, somehow.

My family and I are proud to be Canadians. We are happy to note that over the years we have been able to contribute to the society in a productive manner. CANADA IS OUR HOME.

Looking back I believe as I did then that the Lord directed our steps to relocate here. He answered the desire of our hearts. We embarked on uncertain, but fresh and new direction for our life holding on to His promise that He would not leave us to our own device. He would be there to sustain and uphold us. He has been FAITHFUL.