Friday, March 20, 2009

FAITH - A leap in the dark?

The notion that faith is a leap in the dark just doesn’t set right with me. Unfortunately, that’s how many see it. They say Christianity like all other religions, is a religion of faith, and as such, adherents jettison their rationality in favor of superstition and untenable system of beliefs. Nothing could be be farther from the truth.

Here’s my take on it: If I believe in something, there must be a rational basis for it. I am not just trying to convince myself that something or someone exists or is real without an intelligent reason for such assertion. That’s why I am a Christian. Christianity as a system of beliefs or world view provides me sufficient logical and rational reason to believe in a personal God.

6 And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him. Hebrews 11:6 (NASB)