Friday, February 06, 2009

Response to Carah #1

Dear Carah Nee Won,

Allow me to address your postscript first. Like you, I hope so, too. Now to answer your question, do you know that Yahoo Search returns 43,100,000 links to a query similar to yours? That’s right – you are not alone.

I’m sure the question crossed your mind a few times before. Belief in God or Supreme Being is not taught but innate. In fact, one has to be “educated” to deny this awareness. One has yet to discover an atheistic tribe. Every tribe or community that has been discovered has some sort of belief in the Unseen or Invisible spirit.

That’s why you asked that question because within you is the knowledge or awareness of something or someone invisible. Someone said that there is a God-shaped vacuum within us that only God can fill. You also have a sense of right and wrong. I call that “Inner Witness” that God exists. Then take a look at the world around you – you see its beauty, complexity, immensity and grandeur. I refer to that as “External Witness” of a powerful Creator. So if it’s true that God exists, it’s not a “bother” getting to know Him but one of the wisest decisions you can make.

Regards,

Osteinz

P.S. Yes, I made a decision to be upbeat about things and to accentuate the positives because as you have observed, there’s already so much evil in the world. No, I don’t ignore evil at all and I hope I still see the “whole picture” as you put it. If you have read my blog parameters, you will see that I try to write within them.