Saturday, June 19, 2010

OMG! Did I hear it right?

I usually listen to Christian broadcasts while driving to work. It is part of my daily routine to connect with God. Today is no different. What made it unusual is what I heard from a bible teacher which sent shockwaves through my spine. Literally! Here’s what he said: Your sin is God’s gift to you when you know it.

What?? Did I hear this gentleman right? I wanted to make sure that I did, so much so, that I visited his website and listened to his message again. I heard him correctly alright. Now, what was he saying? Was he trying to diminish the awfulness of sin? I’m sorry but I just can’t figure out how sin is God’s gift to me.

How can it be God’s gift when the Bible plainly and clearly states that “the wages of sin is death?” Just think of what it cost God to provide salvation for us because our sins had separated us from Him – death on the cross of his one and only Son. The truth of the matter is that sin breaks the heart of God. His gift to us is eternal life, not sin. I wanted to yell this to the gentleman if only he could hear me. There is no benefit at all, not even an iota to be derived from sin. Let us bear in mind that God’s will for us is to be holy as He is holy.

No comments: