Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Remembering Mrs. J

Mrs. J,
June 1 is a special day for you. Here's a simple poem I wrote to honestly convey my gratitude for what I can never repay you.

A SPECIAL ANGEL

She was an angel no doubt to bless
Coming my way when expected less
She knew the goal I set to achieve,
Insurmountable hurdles unwilling to give.

It was a dream I did not mind
Such we are, not much to grind
Mind is free, to roam; to fly;
Unnoticed times of days gone by.

The hand she offered I could not resist
Extended freely she must insist
“Reach out and grasp” I heard her say
“Waste no time now while it is day”.

“Look to the sun and see it shine
There’s hope for you no need to whine
The night will come but face it boldly
Your soul’s equipped, your heart beats fully”.

Doubtful, I did her advice heed
I set to reach the sun ahead
The mountain’s high; the valleys low;
The rays of hope must I to follow.

The ball of fire I now adorn
My heart and soul without forlorn
As Angel beaconed my life assured
Goal achieved though hurdles cured.