Monday, January 17, 2005

Gems from my Inbox - Part 2

For today and always

"But since we belong to the day, let us be self-controlled, putting on
FAITH and LOVE as breastplate, and HOPE of SALVATION as helmet."
I Thessalonians 5:8

1. TODAY, I WILL NOT STRIKE BACK
If someone is rude, impatient, and unkind, I will not respond in a
like manner.

2. TODAY, I WILL ASK GOD TO BLESS ANYONE WHO HARBORS GRUDGES TOWARDS ME
If I come across "someone" who treats me harshly or unfairly, I will
quietly ask GOD to bless that person (and me). I understand that
that
"someone" ccould be family member, neighbor, co-worker, friend, or a stranger.

3. TODAY, I WILL BE CAREFUL ABOUT WHAT I SAY
I will carefully choose and guard my words being certain that I do
not spread gossip.

4. TODAY, I WILL GO THE EXTRA MILE
I will find ways to help share the burden of another person.

5. TODAY, I WILL FORGIVE
I will forgive any hurts or injuries that come my way.

6. TODAY, I WILL DO SOMETHING NICE FOR SOMEONE, BUT I WILL DO IT SECRETLY
I will reach out anonymously and bless the life of another.

7. TODAY, I WILL TREAT OTHERS THE WAY I WISH TO BE TREATED
I will practice the golden rule- do not do unto others what you dont
want others do unto you- with everyone I encounter.

8. TODAY, I WILL RAISE THE SPIRIT OF SOMEONE WHO IS DISCOURAGED
My smile , my words , my expression of support , can make the
difference to someone who is wrestling with life.

9. TODAY, I WILL NURTURE MY BODY
I will eat less (easy for those on diet, he, he, he), I will eat
only healthy foods. I will thank God for my body.

10.TODAY, I WILL GROW SPIRITUALLY
I will spend a little more time in prayer today, thanking our Father
for the smallest of blessing He gave me today; I will begin reading
something spiritual or inspirational today; I will find a quiet
place at some point during this day and listen to God's voice!!!

PS: ... and today, I will tell my loved ones (esp. my parents, while
they can still hear me) how I appreciate their existence in my
life, that I LOVE THEM...

"seize the day! say I love you but only if you mean it, while
we still have the chance, we'll never know, our loved ones will not be here
forever..."

" Have a nice week ahead of us, and a good life every single day... "

No comments: